Help Save Buildings
Here are several ways to save historic buildings.
- Learn more about historic preservation by also visiting our preservation partners web sites: The National Trust for Historic Preservation, and the Utah State Historic Preservation Office.
- Attend an advocacy training session. These are frequently sponsored by the Utah Cultural Alliance and the Utah Nonprofits Association.
- Visit Utah 's historic Main Streets and shop them! They are part of the reason why our communities are unique and vibrant places.
- Regularly have lunch or dinner, or experience nightlife in a historic building. Many times these houses of history are also the perfect place to have a memorable entertainment experience.
- Be a patron of your downtown theaters and cultural events. By seeing a film or a theatrical performance, or attending any arts and cultural event downtown demonstrates where a communities priorities should be placed.
- Become a member of Utah Heritage Foundation. Your membership funds support our programs, education, and outreach.
- Get connected to your local history or historic preservation organization. It's proven, local advocates save buildings. Email us and we can connect you with some other local advocates in your area.
- Want hands-on training on how to do rehab? You could be the next rehab contractor we work with! Take a course at the Traditional Building Skills Institute.
- Have kids? Teach them that historic buildings are important by taking them on a tour of the Governor's Mansion or the City and County Building . Download our Downtown Walking Tour and take them on the kids tour, or get our Time Travel on South Temple activity guide and have them do activities while learning about the incredible history of South Temple.
- Get married or have a party at Memorial House in Memory Grove Park.
- Attend a Utah Heritage Foundation event such as our Historic Homes Tour (annually every May) or Heritage Awards (annually every October).
- Sign up for our ENEWSletter to receive regular historic preservation updates.